ElementFlow and Image type

May 21, 2009 at 4:53 PM

I recently discovered Fluidkit and elementflow. I have a object which has a System.Drawing.Image property which contain a cover image fetched from a database, i cant quite figure out how to apply a list of those objects and bind til elementflow to the image property instead of using the StringCollection from the ShowCase sample app.. any ideas on how to do this ?

May 21, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Dude, I should read more carefully. I ran into almost the same problem: http://fluidkit.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=57100

Hope you are going to find help. Why the heck is there no documentation available? I just don't get it...

Coordinator
May 22, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Jaydk: You will have to convert that to the WPF BitmapImage to make it work. Googling should bring up some solutions on line

knox: I understand the pain of no documentation and I am to be blamed for not providing it. Frankly I never expected FluidKit to be used so widely :) I would love to take some time out and crank out some docs but right now I am totally caught between writing the book (you know about my upcoming book right?) and a day job. If I can get a helping hand I am willing to assist in making some docs available. Right now the sample code and the source code is the best bet. Sucks, but works for now.

May 22, 2009 at 2:29 PM

@pavanpodila: thanks for your reply. Would you mind posting a solution (hopefully!) to my post since I already got the BitmapImage but still don't manage to exchange the images (in c# code, not XAML). Thank you very much. And good luck for your upcoming book. Sounds promising. Remember to let us know when it is going to be published.

May 22, 2009 at 3:45 PM

pavapodila :

So what you are saying is that if convert the System.Drawing.Image to Bitmap i should be able use the demo showcase "as is" ? i will give a try when i got the spare time

May 22, 2009 at 3:48 PM

@Jaydk: if you succeed, please post how you actually exchanged the images at runtime, meaning not using a path to a file. That will solve my problem. Thanks

May 26, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Alright, seems to be a D.I.Y. project, huh? I solved my problem. Here's how: Click