ElementFlow Memory Leak?

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:36 PM
I have been banging my head for days now and I can't figure away around it.  I am using the ElementFlow control (awesome by the way) to bind a dataset to the control.  The dataset populates several text boxes on the panels.  Everything was working great until I noticed everytime I would click to bring a panel to the front it would add about 4-5k to the memory load of the app and continue until it becomes unusable.  The garbage collector never clears it up.  I have tried everything I can think of and nothing helps.  

Has anybody successfully bound a dataset to textboxes, textblocks, etc. on this control without causing memory leaks?  Any potential solutions you can think of that might take care of this?  Any help would be appreciated.     
Coordinator
Oct 22, 2008 at 10:18 PM
4fishmen,
     There hasn't been much of performance overhauling of the ElementFlow codebase. This is something I will take up in a future release. Meanwhile the most obvious culprit would be with VisualBrushes. There also seems to be a bug in WPF as relates to nested VisualBrushes.
Nov 4, 2008 at 2:46 PM
Solution found!!!!  The issue was I was using your Glass Window in addition to the ElementFlow.  This was causing the severe memory problem.  To anybody experiencing the same thing, set the AllowTransparency="False" on the form and this fixes the issue.  This is only when using both ElementFlow and Glass Window.  I kept the other Glass Windows on my project and it does nothing to the memory.

Again, awesome tools!  Keep up the good work.
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2008 at 5:58 PM
Thanks for reporting back 4fishmen. I am sure people would find that tidbit useful.
Jun 28, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Hi Pavan,

I have added elementFlow in simple window which was in GlassWindow.

I had this working earlier, Now its shows out of memory exception. Couldn't trace what is causing this, I also checked on what 4fishmen has commented.

Any quick resolutions would allow me to breathe free.