This project is read-only.

Why the Custom Window not showing the Custom Design on Design Mode?

Aug 18, 2008 at 11:06 AM
Hi Pavan,
I am thinking why the Glass Window (Custom Window) is not showing the Customized design of ours on design mode. But if I am customizing a button that showing the custom design on design mode itself? What is that means? Are we missing something?

If I need some controls in place when I first time create the window, how should I do that?
Aug 18, 2008 at 3:38 PM
venki5star,
       I haven't experimented using GlassWindow with the designer and is bit of a gray area for me. Are you seeing any issues when used normally in Xaml? Compatibility with designers (Cider + Blend) has  been on my list but haven't got the time to work on it yet.
Aug 18, 2008 at 6:16 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2008 at 6:17 PM
GlassWindow work as Charm. I am not complain any about that. I am not an expect in Blend or Cider (I am not aware of it). Mostly I use VS 2008 for development. I created a GlassWindow <cc:GlassWindow></cc:GlassWindow> Xaml. But the Window in the designer looks as same as normal window (No styles, colours) applied at the design mode. But when the application is run, all the styles are applied and GlassWindow works as GlassWindow.
My concern is, it is not "WYSWYG" type.