Problem with ElementFlow

Jun 17, 2008 at 2:57 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2008 at 2:59 PM
Hi to all,
first thanks for the great job you have done. Then I would like to report a couple of problems I’ve found using the toolkit. I created a WPF window with a grid, put an ElementFlow control inside a cell and experienced the following two problems:
  • When I enter Visual Studio 2008 Design Mode it gives me Unhandled Exception with message “Layout measurement override of element "FluidKit.Controls.ElementFlow" should not return PositiveInfinity as its DesiredSize, even if Infinity is passed as available size” and then crashes
  • When I start the application the ElementFlow control paints only a part of its cell leaving the other with white background; if I resize the main application window it starts working fine.

If I substitute ElementFlow control with any Microsoft control everything works fine, so I think the problem regards ElementFlow.

Any idea about these problems?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea Pierini

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2008 at 3:12 PM
Hi Andrea,
  • The problem in the VS2008 designer has been reported by a few folks earlier. I don't have a solution right away and probably requires some knowledge of the way Cider instantiates ElementFlow. It may have some expectations from the control at that point which probably I am not satisfying.
  • I have seen some problems like this with the SP1 beta of the 3.5 framework. Are you running that version ?

Thanks for reporting !
Jun 24, 2008 at 11:24 PM
Hi Andrea,

I had the same problem and after some experimentation found that both the height and width must be specified for the hosting window, page, etc.  Once this was set I was able to reload the designer.

I am fairly new to programming so cannot explain why this happens.

Hope this Helps.

Simon.
Sep 3, 2008 at 3:22 PM
Hi all,

I am running into a problem where not only I get the above "PositiveInfinity" error message every time I try to edit the Xaml file, but the Visual Studio 2008 (sp1 and .Net 3.5 sp1) IDE craches as well  sometimes.
Also, is there a solution to the problem where the container size is scalable (unknown at design time)?

Thanks for the help, and great job.