Problems with Transparent Images (ElementFlow)

May 20, 2008 at 11:10 PM
When I use transparent images in the ElementFlow (modifying the Showcase Example) the images are only transparent when they are left of the popout image.
I commented out the Border Element from DataTemplate.  The items on the left definitely have transparent backgrounds, but when the flow to the right past the popout they get the background from the ElementFlow control.

Any ideas?
Coordinator
May 22, 2008 at 10:32 AM
Hi ralston,
       This is a known problem and there is already a solution for that: http://blogs.msdn.com/pantal/archive/2007/07/23/sorting-for-wpf-3d-transparency.aspx

In short, we can get transparency by drawing the elements farthest to nearest to the camera. I will incorporate this into the next revision of ElementFlow. Till then you could use the solution from above. HTH.
May 23, 2008 at 12:16 PM

pavanpodila wrote:
Hi ralston,
       This is a known problem and there is already a solution for that: http://blogs.msdn.com/pantal/archive/2007/07/23/sorting-for-wpf-3d-transparency.aspx
Thanks Pavan.  Any guess as to when the next cut of ElementFlow will be available?  And... will the dependancy properties have PropertyNotify.  I think I'd really like that that on at least SelectedItem.  Right now in my test code... I just set a timer and and check the value every 200ms. 

Thanks again!
Coordinator
May 28, 2008 at 10:33 PM
I am currently occupied with a project at my company...I should be free soon to churn out the next rev for ElementFlow :-)
Nov 26, 2008 at 10:10 AM
Hi Pavan,

As I am very new to WPF programming ,Please send me the code for implementing the transparency, I am unable to locate how to put the above mentioned solution in your element flow control.

Thanks and Regards
Raj

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:12 PM
Hi Pavan,

Do you have any update when this will be implemented directly in ElementFlow?

Cheers,
Rupert.
Mar 3, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Hi Pavan,

I'm having same problems with transparency and I read solution from link provided by you, but I don't have enough knowledge about WPF 3D classes, so I'm not sure how it should be used (in optimal way) in your ElementFlow control. Could you (or someone else), please, provide me a short usage sample of this SceneSortingHelper.AlphaSort(...) method.
Thanks.
Regards
May 20, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Hi,

i have the following problem:

The selected item in Coverflow always has a gray background. This is only visible if the datatemplate is transparent. Is their any way to remove the gray background?

I have tried:

<DataTemplate.Resources>
                <SolidColorBrush x:Key="{x:Static SystemColors.ControlBrushKey}" Color="Orange" />
                <SolidColorBrush x:Key="{x:Static SystemColors.HighlightBrushKey}" Color="Orange" />
            </DataTemplate.Resources>

But this did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much,

Daniel