This project is read-only.

Editing with ElementFlow

Mar 21, 2008 at 3:56 PM
Hello,

Is it possible to allow the user to edit information on the item brought to the front in the flow? I'm trying to determine if we can use ElementFlow to let users rotate through a stack of business cards and edit information on the top business card. We would also like to allow the user to flip the top business card over to edit more information on the back of it.

Thanks for any input that can be provided!
Krista
Mar 22, 2008 at 3:07 AM
Hi Krista,
That is certainly possible. You can use the Viewport2DVisual3D class to get that done. You will have to change the Viewport3D definition in the InternalResources.xaml.

HTH
Mar 31, 2008 at 9:21 PM
Edited Mar 31, 2008 at 9:50 PM
I've been trying to get this working but without any luck.

I tried switching the GeometryModel3D items to Viewport2DVisual3D items, but then I get an issue on ln: 46 of ElementFlow.Internal.cs:

GeometryModel3D model3d = (InternalResources"ElementModel" as GeometryModel3D).Clone();

But when trying to change this to a Viewport2DVisual3D item, it doesn't have the clone function.

Would you give us further direction on how to achieve this? Being able to use elementflow in my application with editable items would be awesome!

Thanks,

John
Apr 1, 2008 at 10:43 AM
Hi Pavan Podila

Firstly I'll like to congratulate for very good control.

I would be very appreciate, if you explain a lot more, how can we put editable controls on FlowElements

Best regards
andyalien
Apr 1, 2008 at 6:09 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2008 at 6:09 PM
One more option I can suggest is to overlay the editable control on top of the selected-item. This will require some math to calculate the width, height and (x,y) location of the control.

renzska: You can try creating a new instance of Viewport2DVisual3D manually and then clone only the Geometry from the viewport resources. It sucks not to have a Clone() on Viewport2DVisual3D :-(
May 20, 2008 at 11:45 AM
Hi Pavan,

this is really cool stuff!  Love to start playing with this.
However I see lot's of uses of the ElementFlow control when it would become "actionable", using the ViewPort2DVisual3D stuff but I can't get it to work.  Would you think about updating the ElementFlow control to use ViewPort2DVisual3D by default some time?  It would allow to have forms, listboxes, buttons, ... on the cool 3D control!!

Many thanks and best regards,
Christof
May 20, 2008 at 10:30 PM
Hi xstof,
      Its definitely in my pipeline. The next version of ElementFlow should have lots of changes, both internal and external. The intereactive 3D elements is definitely part of it. I should be able to update it as soon as I get some free time from my current project. Lot happening at work ;)
Apr 27, 2009 at 5:34 AM
Did anyone have any success with changing to use Viewport2DVisual3D?

Is anyone able to provide a sample of the changes required?

Any help would be much appreciated.