ElementFlow : tips for better perf ?

Nov 17, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Hello,

I am using the coverflow with a lot of element (200) and the perf is not good when I fill the binded list... Do you know a way to optimize this ?

Thx for this great libbtw !

Apr 8, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Hello, 

I'm experiencing the same problem. Is is actually possible to show only those elements which are "really" visible to user let's say depending on the control's dimensions? If somebody has already resolved that issue any help would be appreciated

Thx

Apr 9, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Edited Apr 9, 2011 at 10:18 AM

I have a modified version which solves this problem by (1) reusing all 3D objects that are visible, (2) lazy-loading of items not visible.  It handles 1000+ items with no prob.

However, it is currently tightly bound to my own programs.  If I have some free time, I may extract it out and open source my changes.

My version also integrates with the WPF Shaders Fx library.

It really isn't very difficult to do, and so even if I can't open source my changes, it won't be too difficult to add similar features to ElementFlow.

Apr 10, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Thank you for your quick reply. If you have a moment and extract me these parts of optimisation I'll appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have enough time now to look through all the code of Element Flow to find the right solution myself. I look forward to hearing from you soon.